- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics
2 John F Goellner Dr
The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That's something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It's who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist. This position would be responsible for the strategic sourcing, supplier management, and category management of various areas of spend in the External Manufacturing organization. Responsible for driving cost improvements while maintaining supplier service levels to meet operational requirements. This position is located in Raritan, NJ or Rochester, NY, or Pencoed, UK
* Responsible for managing assigned suppliers consistent with category strategies, maintain quality, service and business continuity of supply.
* Identify and implement new cost reduction initiatives through competitive bids, direct negotiations and/or process changes.
* Negotiate written agreements with suppliers. Maintain contract database to ensure all contracts are filed and develop plans for expiring contracts.
* Proactively manage obsolescence and product life-cycle management on a regular basis
* Generate and facilitate Requests for Proposals. Lead cross-functional teams to evaluate bid submissions, prepare bid analysis, and determine best overall value to the organization
* Collaborate with department stakeholders to evaluate supplier performance. Establish and lead regular business review meetings with suppliers
* Conduct benchmark/research activities to understand industry trends and best practices. Make recommendations to Management for process improvements
* Set up and maintain vendor accounts in the purchasing systems; following applicable Quality procedures (eg: Approved Supplier Lists)
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, logistics, supply chain, business administration, operations or equivalent is required.
* A minimum of 5 years of Materials Management/Supply Chain and/or Procurement/Sourcing experience is required
* Experience in a diagnostics environment is preferred; background in external manufacturing is preferred.
* Strong communication skills, problem solving, contracting skills and analytical skills required.
* 5-15% domestic or international travel
* Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position
For this position we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at ...@orthoclinicaldiagnostics.com
Pay Transfer Notice
Associated topics: ankle, joint, ortho, orthopedic, orthopedic surgery, reconstructive, spine, surgeon, surgery, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...