Triboro Center is actively seeking an experienced Beautician to work as an independent contractor at our Skilled Nursing Facility in Bronx, NY. The beautician would be responsible for providing beautician and barber services to the residents. The beautician is guided by technical knowledge of beautician services and the policies regarding delivery of services to residents of the facility.
The Beautician will be paid by residents for the beauty services rendered. The schedule is set between the hours of 9AM and 6PM; day of the week is flexible.
* Maintains equipment and parlor in a clean and tidy manner on a daily basis
* Styles hair consistent with residents' request and preference
* Supplies chemicals to achieve permanents, relaxers, and color in a continuously competent manner
* Promotes a friendly and positive atmosphere in the delivery of beauty parlor services
* Preserves safe environment for residents and staff in the Beauty Shop
* Has knowledge of chemicals and processes used in the service
* Identifies and responds in a timely and sensitive manner to the needs of the residents receiving beauty services
* Maintains beauty parlor log for residents being serviced
* Licensed by the State of New York in cosmetology
* Proof of Liability Insurance
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Prior experience as a beautician or barber
* Prior experience in a healthcare facility preferred
Triboro Center is a 405-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the Bronx. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Triboro Center's staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident's dignity and independence. Triboro Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.